Sunday, October 31, 2010

Relaxation


“Nudists believe that they have discovered a variation of human society, the importance of which goes far beyond the abandonment of the figleaf.”
Magnus Clarke  from Nudism in Australia Deakin University Press Victoria Australia 1982.(p 11)

I don't think that there would be many that would argue that there is an abundance of STRESS in our lives particularly our working lives.

In todays commercial world we are constantly contactable, with laptops, mobile phones, mobile e-mail then if they miss you on all that, there is also voice mail and with all that comes the subtle 24/7 work week.

Is the last thing you do at night check your Blackberry? What about social networking sites, feel compelled to keep your social status updated? 

We have been sold the lie that we can multi-task and we therefore load ourselves up with too many tasks and then feel stressed when they are not completed within an unrealistic time-frame.


All this came home to me when I was relaxing on our clothing optional beach this weekend and I felt that familiar comfortable feeling of the sun on my whole body, the light breeze keeping the temperature comfortable and the sounds of the waves and our beach friends as they conversed with each other.

Laying there I felt my entire body relax, and then after a few moments it relaxed even more, then even more after that! It was so noticeable just how much tension I had been holding in my body and it reminded me again how fortunate that we discovered this Naturist lifestyle and what a great antidote it is to this stressful work-a-day world.


No comments:

Post a Comment